Asking For Help
It is common for people to say they don’t want or need any help due to prideful feelings. People’s bullheadedness can lead to injuries and cause people to get in over their head. The danger of not asking for help is that stalling can let a situation grow from a problem into a crisis.
- Myth: Asking For Help Makes You Look Weak
- Myth: Asking For Help Signals Incompetence
- Myth: People Don’t Like To Be Asked For Help
- Steve Jobs & Asking For Help
- Being Specific With Your Ask
- Reframing Your Mindset
- Choosing Your Moment Wisely
- Saying Thank You
- Being Shameless
- How easy or hard is it for you to ask for help? Why?
- What is one thing you can use help with right now at work? Who would be someone you can ask to help you?
- What would hold you back from asking this person for help? How can you overcome that obstacle?
Ask one person to help you with something this week at work. Follow the process outlined in the training module to get comfortable asking for help and experience the benefits that come from it.
Post module activity that highlights the learning from the homework assignment and helps set a course for continued learning application.